Please review the following guidelines to know if your organization qualifies for a grant from Make Change! Trust. To apply for a grant with Make Change! Trust, be sure to review our process and frequently asked questions. If you have further questions, please contact us.
Download complete guidelines here »
- Must become a member of Grassroots.org - Membership is free and offers nonprofits technology, services and support at no cost. Sign up today »
- Abide by all organization requirements and restrictions, as listed below
- Adhere to deadlines, as listed below
- Complete all required documents, also listed here »
- Submit your grant application online or by mail
- If awarded a grant, submit a follow-up report 13 months after receiving your grant
- A focus on underserved populations who require assistance with technology, education, environmentalism, humanitarian relief, fighting disease, homeless issues, crime, political freedom, government reform, consumer protection, youth issues, addiction, or other like-minded, non-legislative causes
- A strong management team with leaders from the nonprofit and technology sector
- At least two years of successful operating history
- Earned income accounting for at least twenty percent (20%) of total revenues
- A five-year operating plan that brings benefit to at least five times the number of beneficiaries being served today
- Efficient management systems with clean financial statements and clear measures of impact on target communities
- A 501(c)(3) status
- Travel to conferences
- Religious organizations
- Activities that have already occurred
- Funds for re-granting
- Grants to individuals
- Organizations classified under 509(a)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code
The trustees meet twice a year* to select eligible grants for funding.
- For review in January, please submit your application by December 1
- For review in July, please submit your application by June 1
- Applications reviewed in January will receive notice by January 31
- Applications reviewed in July will receive notice by July 31
Organizations that are awarded a grant will be notified by the trustees and a check will be mailed. Since Make Change! Trust is a Donor Advised Fund, checks are issued by The Community Foundation for the National Capital Region.
Organizations whose grant applications are declined will also receive notification. We’re sorry that we cannot award every organization a grant every review period. If your organization was not awarded a grant this review period, please submit another application for the following review period. You may submit the same report or you may update and submit a different report. There is no limit to the number of times you may submit an application.
*Make Change! Trust reserves the right to review applications at any time
Long Term Grants
Those organizations who receive grants that extend beyond one year must submit a follow-up report at the 13 month mark before receiving additional funds.